Triglav Re, Reinsurance Company Ltd. was established at the end of 1998 and started its operations at the beginning of 1999. Already in the first business year the company achieved a positive operating result and substantially influenced the Slovenian insurance market. During the years from 1999 to 2011, the market share increased from 30% to more than 46%.
- Triglav Re was established as a fully licensed reinsurance company.
- Triglav Re achieved a positive result in its first year of operation and
established itself as an important reinsurer on the Slovenian market.
- Company started to write business from international markets.
- Increase of capital. Triglav Re was also recognized as an established reinsurance.
- Company on the markets of Central and Eastern Europe.
- Triglav Re’s premium volume exceeded EUR 50.0 million for the first time since its establishment, and the company wrote its first business from Asian markets.
- Triglav Re’s written premium from abroad represented 9.0% of the premium volume.
- Systematic strengthening of the company’s presence on international markets.
- Triglav Re achieved profit after tax in amount of EUR 3.6 million.
- Triglav Re achieved the best operating result since its establishment with the profit after tax in amount of EUR 4.9 million.
- Triglav Re’s written premium from abroad represented more than 24.0% of the premium volume.
- Triglav Re achieved profit after tax in amount of EUR 4.2 million.
- On 25 September 2008, Standard & Poor's Ratings Services assigned an A- rating with stable outlook to Triglav Re, Reinsurance Company Ltd
- In August 2009 the Standard&Poor's Credit rating agency raised the credit assesment of Triglav Re d.d. reinsurance company from A- to A with a stable medium-term forecast.
- Triglav Re achieves net profit or loss of 6 mio EUR.
- The company employs 38 people.
- On November 21, 2011, Standard & Poor’s Rating Services affirmed the rating A (stable outlook) on Triglav Re, Reinsurance Company and Triglav Insurance Company.
On December 9, 2011, Triglav Re was placed on CreditWatch with negative implication. Due to expected lowering of ratings of some Eurozone member countries, a number of insurerswere placed on CreditWatch.
- On 18 April 2012, on the meeting of the Supervisory Board of Triglav Re, Gregor Stražar, M.Sc. was appointed the President of the Management Board. On the same date, the term of office of the former President, Mr Gojko Kavčič, had expired.
- Zavarovalnica Triglav, d.d. has purchased the shares of Triglav Re, and on 15 May 2012, when the transfer of shares was entered in the register of the Central Securities Clearing Corporation (KDD, Ljubljana), Zavarovalnica Triglav has become the 100 % owner of Triglav Re.
- Standard & Poor's Rating Services downgraded a long-term rating of Triglav Re by one notch to A - and issued a warning about the potential negative change in the credit rating of Triglav Re. The reason for downgrading was the drop in the national credit rating of Slovenia which was a reflection of the general fiscal situation and economy in Slovenia.
- On 13 February 2013, Standard & Poor's downgraded the long-term rating of Triglav Re by one notch from A - to BBB +, removed the warning about a possible downgrade and issued a positive medium-term outlook. On 4 July 2013, Standard & Poor's again upgraded the rating by one notch from BBB + to A - and issued a stable outlook.
- On 21 March 2013, Triglav Re obtained a credit rating of A - by the credit rating agency A.M. Best with a stable outlook, which was renewed on 18 October 2013.
- In July 2014 Standard & Poor's Rating Services confirmed the long-term credit rating and financial strength rating "A -" of Triglav Re. Both ratings have a stable medium-term outlook.
- On 26 September 2014, Standard & Poor's reaffirmed the existing long-term credit rating "A -" and financial strength rating "A -" . Both assessments have a stable medium-term outlook.
- On 3 October 2014 at the regular annual review of Triglav Re, the credit rating agency A.M. Best confirmed the financial strength rating "A -" and credit rating of the issuer “a - ". Both assessments have a stable medium-term outlook.
In July 2015, Standard & Poor's Ratings Services confirmed the existing long-term credit rating "A -" (positive) and financial strength rating "A -" (positive) of Triglav Re. The Agency has upgraded the medium-term outlook from stable to positive, which provides good prospects for the future.
On 16 October 2015, in the regular annual review, the credit rating agency A. M. Best again granted the financial strength rating "A -" (positive) and the credit rating of the issuer's creditworthiness "A -" (positive) and thus confirmed the key role and performance of Triglav Re in the implementation of strategic objectives of the Triglav Group. Both ratings have a stable medium-term outlook.